Skip to Content
[ MCT Home Page |
Bus Services |
MCT Trails |
Contact MCT |
MCT Info ]
Tuesday October 11, 2011
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information, contact:
Madison County Transit
MCT ANNOUNCES PROPOSED SERVICE CHANGES FOR JANUARY 2012
Public Meeting to Discuss Proposed Changes: November 1 in Collinsville
GRANITE CITY, ILL., October 10, 2011. . . In response to growing demand and shifts in ridership patterns, Madison
County Transit (MCT) is proposing route and schedule adjustments as part of its regular January service change,
effective Sun., Jan. 8, 2012. To solicit comments on the proposed changes, MCT will host a public meeting on Tues.,
Nov. 1, 2011 at the Collinsville Library from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Comments can also be made via e-mail at email@example.com
or US Mail to: MCT January Service Change, One Transit Way, PO Box 7500, Granite City, IL 62040. Comments must be
received by 5 p.m. on Wed., Nov. 16 to be considered. See below for a summary of proposed changes, by route:
Madison County Transit (MCT) is the multi-modal transportation provider for Madison County, Illinois, operating fixed-route bus service in Madison County, to MetroLink, and to
downtown St. Louis; providing Paratransit service for qualified elderly and disabled residents; offering service to the Rams games and the Muny in Forest Park; constructing and maintaining
the MCT Trails, more than 100 miles of scenic bikeways; and overseeing RideFinders, the St. Louis region’s free carpooling and vanpooling ride-match program.
- #5 Tri-City Regional: Add three Saturday trips from the 5th & Missouri MetroLink Station to Gateway Commerce Center on Saturdays, (for 6 a.m., 2 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. shift times.)
- #14X Highland – Troy Express: Remove the low performing 5:30 a.m. trip and add a trip between 6:30 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. to accommodate overloads. Re-balance times to create 10 minute service between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m.
- #15 Collinsville Shuttle: Extend evening service between Collinsville Station and Collinsville Crossing on IL-157 until 9:30 p.m. to accommodate shift times and classes at Sanford Brown.
- #16X Edwardsville– Glen Carbon Express: Remove low performing 2:55 p.m. trip to MetroLink.
- #18 Collinsville Regional / #18X Collinsville Express: Combine the #18 and #18X, eliminating #18X service to downtown St. Louis and creating all-day 30 minute service between Collinsville Station and 5th & Missouri MetroLink.
- #19 Edwardsville – Collinsville: Shift three trips to meet the new #18 trips at Collinsville Station.