Proposed May 2020 Service Change
Madison County Transit (MCT) Marketing & Planning staff propose the following adjustments for the Spring 2020 Service Change. The implementation date is scheduled for May 10, 2020. MCT staff will hold two public meetings regarding the proposed changes:
- 22 Gateway Commerce Center Dr W #110
- Edwardsville, IL
- Thursday, February 13
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Chestnut Health Systems
- 50 Northgate Industrial Drive
- Granite City, IL
- Friday, February 14
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
PROPOSED MAY 2020 SERVICE ADJUSTMENT PLAN:
#2 GRANITE CITY SHUTTLE: [pdf] [map]
#21 WEST COLLINSVILLE SHUTTLE: [map]
- Extend the Weekday #2 from its northern endpoint at Dollar Tree on Nameoki Road to Walmart, Aldi, and Northgate Industrial Park on IL-3.
- Create all-day 30-minute service between Granite City Station and Northgate.
- Introduce service to 300 homes and 70 apartments on West Pontoon Road.
GATEWAY COMMERCE CENTER IMPROVEMENTS: [pdf][map]
- Extend hourly service to Leisure World on trips traveling to Walmart via Johnson Hill Rd.
- Add bus stops in front of Leisure World and at Collinsport & Eastport Plaza Dr, allowing better access to the Post Office.
To better serve employees within GCC, MCT is proposing to restructure existing service to target shift times
- Continue to operate current #20 service in GCC every 30 minutes on the primary road network only.
- Create a new #23 Gateway Commerce Center Shuttle to operate 30-minute service between Liberty & Chain of Rocks and throughout GCC, using turn-a-rounds in the center for access to warehouses during the peak periods only. (5:32am- 8:58am), (3:02pm-6:28pm).
- Schedule the times of the #20 and #23 to be offset by 30 minutes, creating bursts of 15-minute service.
- Continue to serve passengers between the peak periods with the #20, when the #23 is not operating.
- Continue operating Weekday night and Weekend service on the #20 unchanged.
- Preserve connectivity at Liberty with the #4 Madison-Edwardsville and #6 Roxana-Pontoon Beach.