MCT Public Meetings
Proposed May 2018 Service Change
Madison County Transit (MCT) will host two open house-style information sessions to engage the public,
gather feedback and answer questions about proposed service improvements to the following routes:
#7 Alton – Edwardsville, #8 Central Shuttle, #9 Washington Shuttle, #10 State & Elm and #11 Brown Shuttle.
Dates, times and locations of the meetings are listed below:
| ||Wednesday, February 14, 2018 ||10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.|
- Alton High Speed Rail Station
|Thursday, February 15, 2018 ||2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
Comments at the public meetings will be summarized and presented to the MCT Board of Trustees for consideration. Individuals who cannot attend the public meetings but would
like to comment can visit mct.org, e-mail email@example.com or send a letter to: Madison County Transit c/o Proposed May 2018 Service Change, One Transit Way, PO Box 7500, Granite City, IL 62040.
Alternative formats available upon request. All comments must be received by Wednesday, February 21 at 5:00 p.m.
Proposed May 2018 Service Improvement Plan:
#7 ALTON – EDWARDSVILLE: [pdf] [map]
#8 CENTRAL SHUTTLE: [pdf] [map]
- Introduce hourly service to Alton Square. Reduces frequency at Alton High Speed Rail Station (AHSR) to hourly. Maintains 30 minute service at Oakwood and other trip generators. Maintains connections to #10 at AHSR.
- On weekends, the #7 will only go to Alton Square.
#9 WASHINGTON SHUTTLE: [pdf]
- Introduce hourly service to Alton Square. Maintain hourly service at AHSR.
- Introduce service to Shop ‘n Save, Schnucks and Target. Maintain service to Challenge & Woodview Ct.
- Re-introduce service on Elm Street.
- Created timed transfer opportunities with the #10 on Saturdays at Alton Station.
#10 STATE & ELM SHUTTLE: [pdf] [map]
- Substitute “long #9” for the “short #9” on the three evening trips. Introduces evening service to the senior apartment complexes, (Skyline Towers, Marian Heights, & Muny Vista) as well as Alton Square and Target.
#11 BROWN SHUTTLE: [pdf]
- Re-introduce direct, hourly service from Alton Station to Lewis & Clark Community College (LCCC) and Walmart. Eliminates service from Alton Station to AHSR.
- Reduce frequency from AHSR to LCCC & Walmart from every 30 minutes to every 60 minutes.
- Eliminate service on Elm (trips are covered by the #8.)
- Introduce service to Kohl’s, and Home Depot via frontage road en route to AHSR
- Create timed transfers to #7 and #8 at AHSR.
- Operate on Tolle instead of Pearl in Godfrey.
- Create timed transfers with all other Alton routes on Saturdays at Alton Station.