MCT February 2017 Service Change
Effective Sunday, February 5, 2017:
IL-111 Corridor Enhancement
The expansion of Gateway Commerce Center and Lakeview Commerce Center has created jobs and increased demand for service in the IL-111 corridor.
In an effort to provide better bus service from the Riverbend and Tri-Cities area to growing employment opportunities, MCT will do the following:
Temporary Lakeview Shuttle:
#6 Roxana-Pontoon Beach: [pdf]
- Discontinue temporary shuttle and replace with a fixed-route solution.
#1 Riverbend: [pdf]
- Increase weekday service from every 60 minutes to 30 minutes from 5:48 a.m. to 6:48 p.m. As well as provide hourly service until 11:15 p.m.
- Extend the #6 to Lakeview Commerce Center, creating direct 30-minute service on weekdays, every 60 minutes on weekends.
- Remove the #6 from Gateway Commerce Center, with transfer options to the #20 at Liberty & Chain of Rocks.
- To avoid route duplication with the #6 in Wood River the #12 Bethalto Shuttle will be removed from Ferguson and moved to IL-143.
#20 Granite City - Pontoon Beach Shuttle: [pdf]
- Add two northbound weekday trips on the #1 leaving Wood River Station at 10:48 p.m. and 11:48 p.m. to accommodate more shift times.
- Create direct 60-minute service to Gateway Commerce Center on weekends.
- Create weekday and weekend transfer opportunities to and from the #6 at Liberty & Chain of Rocks.
MCT Express Reduction & Rebalance
Since the fall of 2014, MCT Express ridership across all three routes has declined by 15%. Express trips that were added
to accommodate growing ridership in 2008 and 2012 due to $4.00/gallon fuel are no longer necessary. With fuel hovering at
$2.00/gallon and not likely to increase in the near future, MCT will implement the following reductions and re-balancing
of MCT Express routes:
#1X Riverbend Express: [pdf]
- Reduce the number of morning trips from 9 to 8 and afternoon trips from 11 to 10.
#14X Highland Express: [pdf]
- Eliminate the one morning and one afternoon Express trip in Downtown Alton.
#16X Edwardsville – Glen Carbon Express: [pdf]
- Reduce the number of morning trips from 12 to 10 and afternoon trips from 13 to 10.
- Reduce the number of morning trips from 9 to 7 and maintain afternoon trips at 9.
- Eliminate two trips that begin at the Glen Carbon Park & Ride lot.
EARLY MORNING & LATE NIGHT SERVICE REDUCTION
Due to minimal or no demand on these early morning and late night trips, the following will occur at the February 2017 service change:
#6 Roxana – Pontoon Beach:
#17 Edwardsville – SIUE Shuttle:
- Eliminate the Weekday 5:13 a.m. trip from Gateway Commerce Center and Roxana.
#19 Edwardsville – Collinsville:
- Eliminate the Saturday 12:20 a.m. trip from Edwardsville Station.
#20 Granite City – Pontoon Beach Shuttle:
- Eliminate the Weekday 12:41 a.m. trip from Collinsville Station.
- Eliminate the Weekday 1:16 a.m. trip from Granite City Station.
- Eliminate the Saturday 1:28 a.m. trip from Granite City Station.