Skip to Content
[ MCT Home Page |
Bus Services |
MCT Trails |
Contact MCT |
MCT Info ]
Thursday, August 15, 2019
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information, contact:
Madison County Transit
MCT IMPROVES BUS SERVICE AT SIUE AND IN EDWARDSVILLE AREA
Route Changes Took Effect August 11
GRANITE CITY, ILL., August 13, 2019. . . As part of its regular August service change Madison County Transit (MCT) has made changes to its bus routes in the Edwardsville area to provide better service to residents living at the May Apartments as well as SIUE students living on and off campus. Highlights of those changes, which took effect this past Sunday, August 11, include the following:
#16 Edwardsville – Glen Carbon Shuttle
#17 Cougar Shuttle
- Number of weekday trips at the May Apartments increased from 13 to 19.
- New Saturday service introduced to the May Apartments.
#22 University Shuttle (New Route)
Simplified and improved service introduced on the SIUE campus with 10-minute service between
Cougar Village and Peck Hall on weekdays from 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.; 20-minute service from
7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m., and hourly service until 12:00 a.m. Service on weekends will be
available at reduced frequencies.
- New Sunday service introduced to Cougar Village.
- Hourly service maintained at SIUE during break weeks and the summer session.
- Off-campus service to Downtown Edwardsville via Esic Drive will be operated by the #22 route.
- Low-performing segments on Myrtle, Randle, and Union have been eliminated.
For specific bus route information or details about any of MCT’s services, visit www.mct.org, call (618) 797-INFO (4636), or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 30-minute service between the MCT Edwardsville Station and SIUE maintained during the Fall & Spring Semesters via the Esic neighborhood.
- New hourly, weekday service introduced to the off-campus student housing complexes: Axis Apartments (on New Poag Road) and Greenhill Apartments on Century Drive.
- New Sunday service introduced for residents living in the Esic area. Service to Axis and Greenhill will not operate on weekends or during SIUE break or summer sessions.
Madison County Transit (MCT) provides multi-modal transportation services for Madison County, Illinois. MCT operates a fixed-route bus service
connecting to MetroLink, express weekday commuter service directly to and from downtown St. Louis, and seasonal express service to the Muny.
For elderly and disabled residents who are unable to use the fixed-route buses, MCT provides complementary door to door service. MCT is also
responsible for the construction and maintenance of more than 130 miles of bikeways that comprise the MCT Trails system, as well as overseeing
RideFinders, the St. Louis region’s FREE carpooling and vanpooling program.