[ Skip to Content |
Graphics Version ]
[ MCT Home Page |
Bus Services |
MCT Trails |
Contact MCT |
MCT Info ]
August 2020 Service Change
The following changes will take place at the August 16, 2020 Service Change. Please contact MCT Dispatch for questions at 618-797-4636 (INFO).
Timetables that reflect all the upcoming Service Change adjustments can be found on the Schedules and Maps page.
AUGUST SERVICE RESTORATION
Full weekday restoration will take effect on the following routes:
INCREASED EXPRESS SERVICE TO DOWNTOWN
- #5 Tri City Regional
- #9 Washington Shuttle
- #10 State and Elm Shuttle
- #13 Troy – Glen Carbon
- #13X Highland – SIUE Express
- #15 East Collinsville Shuttle
- #17 Cougar Shuttle
- #18 Collinsville Regional
- #19 Edwardsville – Collinsville
- #22 University Shuttle
IMPLEMENTING APPROVED MAY CHANGES
- #1X Riverbend Express: Adding one additional trip serving Bethalto and one serving Godfrey. Increases number of trips from two to four in the morning and afternoon.
- #14X Highland Express: Adding two trips. Increases number of trips from three to five morning and afternoon trips.
- #16X Edwardsville Express: Adding two trips. Increases number of trips from two to four in the morning and afternoon.
The following changes were initially approved for the May 2020 Service Change. Due to COVID-19, they were not implemented, but will now be implemented at the August Service Change.
- #2 Granite City Shuttle: Improve frequency to 30 minutes from 6 AM – 6 PM. Extend route to Pontoon Road, Granite City Walmart, and Chestnut Health Systems.
- #20 Granite City – Pontoon Beach Shuttle: Operate service only on Gateway Commerce Center Drive East and Westway Drive with the commerce center weekdays before 7 PM. Additional service operated by new #23 shuttle.
- #23 Gateway Commerce Center Shuttle: Implement a new weekday only service between Liberty & Chain of Rocks and Gateway Commerce Center (GCC) that will operate deep within the commerce center every 30 minutes from 5:30 AM to 9 AM and then again in the afternoon from 2 PM to 6:30 PM. This shuttle will off-set with the #20 to provide 15-minute service between Liberty and GCC.
ADDING NEW WEEKDAY ROUTES:
- #6 Roxana – Pontoon Beach: Operate on Amoco Cut-Off to IL-3 to IL-143 instead of Evans Avenue and Walcott Street
- #21 West Collinsville Shuttle: Extend route to Collinsport Drive on trips operating from Johnson/Summit to Gateway Convention Center.
Demand for direct service to and from Gateway Commerce Center continues to grow. The following improvements will significantly decrease travel times from the communities of Alton and Collinsville to Gateway Commerce Center
- #24X Alton GCC Express: New direct express service from MCT Alton Station to Gateway Commerce Center. Three inbound trips and two outbound trips in the morning and afternoon.
- #25X Collinsville GCC Express: Implement new direct express service from MCT Collinsville Station to GCC. Three inbound trips and two outbound trips in the morning and afternoon.