[ Skip to Content |
Graphics Version ]
[ MCT Home Page |
Bus Services |
MCT Trails |
Contact MCT |
MCT Info ]
May 2021 Service Change
The following changes will take place at the May 9, 2021 Service Change. Please contact MCT Dispatch for questions at 618-797-4636 (INFO).
Timetables that reflect all the upcoming Service Change adjustments can be found on the Schedules and Maps page.
CHANGES TO FARE STRUCTURE AND PASSES
- #2 Granite City Shuttle- Extend the trips from Chestnut Health Systems to Granite City Station to serve Granite City Walmart.
- #6 Roxana- Pontoon Beach- Cease operating on Michigan Ave. and Biltmore Blvd.
- #13 Troy-Glen Carbon- Introduce four trips in each direction on weekdays to Liberty Village on IL-162.
- #20X GCC Express- Extend route to World Wide Technology in Gateway Commerce Center on select trips.
- Gateway Trade Port- Extend select trips on the #20X, and all trips on the #24X and #25X to Gateway Trade Port (GTP).
- Add one #20X Southbound weekday trip at 3:28 p.m. from Gateway Trade Port.
In addition to route changes, changes to our fare structure also take effect May 9. Find a summary of the changes below.
- Madison County fare zones will be eliminated, and fares are based solely on whether passengers stay in Madison County or ride into St. Clair County or St. Louis.
- There will no longer be Shuttle, Cross County, Regional, and Express fares, just Local (trips within Madison County) and Regional (trips beginning or ending outside of Madison County) fares.
- If a passenger’s trip begins and ends in Madison County, the base Local fare is $1.
- If a passenger is traveling to or from St. Louis or St. Clair County, the base Regional fare is $3.
- Transition the “Express Round Trip Pass” ($5.00 and only valid on MCT Express buses) to a “Day Pass” which will cost $5.00 and is valid on ALL MCT fixed-route buses for a full calendar day.
- Eliminate the 2-Hour Zone Pass.
- Reduce the cost of the MCT Local Monthly Pass and MCT Local 30-Day Pass (mobile) to $40.
- Reduce the cost of the Student Monthly Pass and the MCT 7-Day Pass (mobile) to $15.